Thursday, July 28, 2011

Welcome to Comic Tomatoes

Welcome to Comic Tomatoes. I'm Logan Dalton and this is my second blog on Blogger. (The first is classicalzeitgeist.blogspot.com.) The idea for this blog came from my love of movies and comic books.Rottentomatoes.com is a website that I look at before seeing almost any movie. It aggregates movie reviews and gives each movie a score based on the percentage of positive (or fresh) reviews. A movie with a score of 60% or above is certified fresh, and one with a score below 60% is certified rotten.

On Comic Tomatoes, I'm going to be doing a similar thing. Starting out, I will find the first ten reviews of an issue or trade paperback/hardback on Google and put them in the aggregated score. The website, reviewer's name, his or her rating, and a short preview of the review will be placed in the blog. There will also be a link to the full review on the blog. Three comic book sites will always be featured in the review aggregator: ign.com, comicbookresources.com, and comicvine.com. At the beginning of each blog post, I will put the aggregate score and 1-3 sentences of analysis called the "critical consensus".

The purpose of this blog is to help people get a balance perspective on what comic books and graphic novels to buy. In these hard economic times, $3.99 is a lot to pay for a 32 page book. My first post will be on Ultimate Spider-Man 150 (Death of Spider-Man), and then I will start working on DC's Flashpoint event and Marvel's Fear Itself. Starting next Wednesday, I will add new comics!!

"With great power there must also come great responsibility"-Ben Parker

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of this site... I'm looking forward to seeing what happens here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for being my first follower. what kind of stuff do u want me to put on here?

    ReplyDelete